Are you looking for a teaching career that supports your learning and growth, compensates well and has meaningful impact all at the same time?
Over the past 8 years, we have helped over 10,000 students ace their Science examinations using our proprietary learning methodology and examination-centric materials.
We are known among parents to be knowledgeable, humorous and caring teachers, and students leave our classes with a genuine appreciation for Science.
We are looking for a knowledgeable & engaging Chemistry teacher to join our academic faculty to bring quality education to more students who are in need of help. You’ll join our team at a key moment in our growth as we rapidly expand in Singapore.
📌 Note: This position is strictly open only to Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs) due to hiring quotas imposed by the government. Any applicant holding a different citizenship will be automatically disqualified.
As a Chemistry Teacher at The Pique Lab, you will be involved in:
- Class & Learning Management – You will manage classes effectively with a holistic understanding of your students’ learning needs and motivations
- Lesson Preparation & Delivery – You’ll prepare for your lessons in accordance to our curriculum. In particular, you’ll devise ways to simplify Chemistry concepts and highlight common misconceptions.
- Publishing – You’ll share your knowledge by writing articles and producing videos, so that your students can continue to learn from you outside of the classroom.
- Communication – You’ll communicate with parents on their children’s learning progress and make appropriate recommendations on how to improve further.
- Curriculum Design – You’ll work together with the Curriculum Design Team to create highly impactful learning materials that will make a difference in your students' lives.
[The Type Of Person We're Looking For]
We’d love to have a chat with you if you meet the following criteria:
- Strong Background in Chemistry: You should have a strong understanding in the subject matter - not just at the university level, but at a pre-tertiary level (IGCSE/ IP/ A Level/ IB), and hence be able to simplify complex Chemistry concepts.
- Prior Teaching Experience: You should have at least 5 years of commercial teaching experience in the IGCSE/ IP Chemistry space (e.g. teaching in MOE schools, tuition centres or private 1-1 classes).
Good to have:
- A Positive, Confident & Engaging Personality: You need to be comfortable engaging students at a group level & infuse joy and laughter in your lessons.
- Grit and Drive to Succeed: You must be committed to mastery and be willing to put in the hard work. You should have a clear idea on what you intend to pursue in your career, at least for the next 3 to 5 years,
- Ability to learn fast and think on your feet: You will be expected to pick up and apply strategies and techniques taught to you quickly, especially during the training period.
[How We Take Care Of You]
- [Biggest Takeaway] Mentorship, Training & Regular Feedback
- Abundant Career Progression Opportunities in two different tracks: Specialist track and Management track
- Competitive Remuneration
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Technology Empowerment
- Paid Leaves
- Time-off From Work For Errands
- Fully-stocked Pantry
- Free Meals on selected school holidays and weekends
- Company Socials