Unravel the best practices of brand communication and customer success as our Customer Success Management Associate.
If you’re a Communications/Business Management/Hospitality graduate who wants to be at the forefront of championing our brand's success by fostering strong relationships with our customers, come join us in this multi-faceted role in ensuring that our customers' expectations are not only met—but always exceeded!
[About Our Team]
At The Pique Lab, we’re on a mission to create the best Math & Science learning experience for students aged 9 to 16 in Singapore. Our lessons are meticulously crafted based on pedagogical research, data-driven methodologies and have one overarching goal: to make learning fun, shorten learning curves and help students develop a genuine appreciation for Math & Science.
Over the past decade, we've grown from a pair of co-founders to a diverse team of over 100 team members across 10 departments. Our proprietary learning methodology and examination-centric materials have helped more than 20,000 students ace their examinations.
Our headquarters is in Singapore, with remote teams in China, India, Malaysia and Philippines. We take pride in our open, fast-paced and flat organisational structure where every team member is valued for their skills and competencies, not just their job titles.
We are looking for a curious and resourceful Customer Success Management Associate who wants to master a wide variety of customer relations functions and manage a team by the end of our Customer Success Management Programme!
As our Customer Success Management Associate, you’ll be a key team player in our strong-knit Customer Care team where you will have ample career progression opportunities to help shape a service culture that you can take pride in.
For a start, you’ll be involved in these 3 key growth areas:
Customer Management Superstar:
- Develop a deep understanding of our courses to make appropriate recommendations to our customers: Hard selling is not in our DNA — we believe in matching our customers to our programmes that best fit their learning needs. To help ensure that our students and parents derive the most value out of their learning experiences with us, you’ll learn about the key takeaways and frequently asked questions of each course, and how to communicate these to them effectively.
- Deliver personalised and enjoyable brand experiences through our various communication channels and at our centres: 95% of our communications are digital (WhatsApp messages, phone calls and emails) and 5% are in-person at our front desk. Besides honing your in-person communication skills such as greeting our customers warmly and guiding them to the correct classroom on-site, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the best practices of how we consistently deliver the same warm and professional customer experiences online as well!
- Assist with critical customer success operational tasks: Making the best programme recommendations is only the first step in our playbook to creating a delightful brand experience for our customers. You’ll deep dive into the different types of support our customers typically require and how to meet them, such as collecting fee payments, arranging replacement lessons and troubleshooting technical difficulties during online classes.
- Support Customer Care team in essential administrative activities: In order to understand the ins and outs of the work of our multi-faceted Customer Care team and eventually lead them, you’ll be actively involved in manoeuvring the intricacies of our back-end operations such as receiving courier deliveries, updating class schedules, fulfilling e-commerce orders, and ensuring that our pantries are always well-stocked!
Crisis Communications Champion:
- Resolve escalated customer issues effectively: Being able to handle customer escalations with finesse is what will set you apart from other customer relations professionals and we want to help you get there. With your understanding of our internal processes, policies and customer requests, you’ll have the opportunity to translate what you’ve learnt in school about crisis communications to real-life escalated cases to ensure win-win outcomes for both our customers and the company in a timely manner.
- Analyse and establish root causes of common and unique customer-related issues and solutions: Designing effective customer solutions in The Pique Lab would require you to develop a comprehensive understanding of how our customers think and behave while manoeuvring our policies strategically. To do this, you’ll be involved in coordinating with different teams to understand possible root causes of common and unique customer-related issues, propose viable, customer-centric solutions and document these scenarios for training purposes.
[💪🏻 Stretch Goal As A Manager] Brand Experience Architect:
Once we unlock certain growth targets together, you will have the opportunity to work alongside our management and lead the Customer Care team in improving our customer experiences at scale. As a stretch goal, you may get to:
- Propose strategic improvements to optimise brand experience: You’ll be actively involved in analysing our existing customer-facing processes and identifying common customer pain points and opportunities for improvement in customer interactions.
- Gather meaningful data-driven insights: We’re huge believers in making data-driven insights to drive business growth. To help ensure that we’re able to maintain a consistently delightful brand experience as we scale, you’ll get to participate in establishing and tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) and service level requirements.
[You, Our Ideal Customer Success Management Associate]
A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Management or Hospitality Management, or equivalent from a local university.
[Skills & Experience]
- Strong Communication Skills: You should be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English. (We don’t need you to speak in Queen’s English. You will be fine so long as your grammar is accurate and you sound comprehensible.)
- Strong Critical Thinking Skills & Resourcefulness: Complex situations do not faze you. You’re able to break them down, identify root causes and develop effective customer solutions with the resources on hand.
- Strong Customer-centric Mindset: You have a genuine passion for customer satisfaction and believe that companies can still strive to deliver a delightful brand experience regardless of the circumstances.
- [BONUS] Previous Working Experience In Hospitality Industry: It’s a bonus if you’re able to effectively showcase your ability to create memorable experiences for customers you’ve worked with!
- Highly Empathetic: You have a flair for understanding the true needs of others and helping them to meet those needs.
- Strong Attention To Detail: You’ll be working with a team that prides itself on creating a personalised experience for our customers. You’re skilled in working with a huge amount of datasets to attend to each customer’s unique concerns conscientiously.
- Market Competitive Remuneration Starting From S$3,300 to S$4,000/month: To be fully transparent, our initial offer depends on our assessment of your attitude, aptitude, along with any relevant skills & experience that you can bring to the table. Subsequently, your income grows depending on the scope of responsibilities and impact you bring to the team.
- Annual Performance Bonus (… up to 3 months bonus for outstanding performers!)
- Mentorship, Hands-on Process Improvements & Regular Feedback
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Technology Benefits
- Up to 16 Days of Paid Vacation Leaves
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Paid Marriage Leaves
- Paid Compassionate Leaves
- Time-Off From Work For Errands
- Wellness Breaks
- Fully-Stocked Pantry
- Free Meals on selected school holidays & weekends
- Company Socials (On top of team socials!)
- Office Location: 10 Jalan Serene, #02-20, Serene Centre, Singapore 258748 (3-Minute Walk From CC19/DT9: Botanic Gardens MRT)
- Attire: Business Casual
- Working Arrangement: Fully Onsite
- Work Days: 5-day Work Week, 40-Hour Workweek
- 2 Weekdays: 12PM to 7PM
- 2 Weekdays: 12PM to 9PM (includes 1-hour dinner break)
- 1 Weekend: 8AM to 7PM (includes 1-hour lunch break)