Are you passionate about inspiring young minds to love Science while growing in a career that pays you well?
If your answer is a resounding YES, The Pique Lab WANTS you!
[About Our Team]
At The Pique Lab, we’re on a mission to create the best Math & Science learning experience for students aged 9 to 16 in Singapore. Our lessons are meticulously crafted based on pedagogical research, data-driven methodologies and have one overarching goal: to make learning fun, shorten learning curves and help students develop a genuine appreciation for Math & Science.
Over the past decade, we've grown from a pair of co-founders to a diverse team of over 100 team members across 10 departments. Our proprietary learning methodology and examination-centric materials have helped more than 20,000 students ace their examinations.
Our headquarters is in Singapore, with remote teams in China, India, Malaysia and Philippines. We take pride in our open, fast-paced and flat organisational structure where every team member is valued for their skills and competencies, not just their job titles.
We are looking for passionate Science lovers to join us to bring the joy of learning to more children. Who knows? You might be nurturing the next Albert Einstein or Marie Curie!
If you like the prospects of working in a close-knit team, leveraging tech to work hyper-efficiently while tackling challenges head-on, we’d love to talk to you about joining the team!
At the initial phase of as a Management Associate, you will be involved in:
- Classroom & Learning Management – You will manage classes (online & onsite) effectively with a holistic understanding of your students’ learning needs and motivations.
- Lesson Preparation & Delivery – You’ll prepare for your lessons in accordance with our curriculum. In particular, you’ll devise ways to simplify Science concepts and highlight common misconceptions to spark joy of learning for our students.
- Publishing – You’ll share your knowledge by writing articles and producing videos, so that your students can continue to learn from you outside of the classroom.
- Communication – You’ll communicate with parents on their children’s learning progress and make appropriate recommendations on how to improve further.
Your success as a Management Associate means a lot to us.
Structured mentorship and rigorous training are provided during your first 9 months at The Pique Lab, which is aimed at increasing your confidence and expertise in the curriculum.
You will start your career with us by undergoing the Teaching Associate Programme where you'll learn plenty of valuable teaching skills:
- Content Mastery: Solidify your fundamentals with the curriculum by learning key concepts & examination question types. Understand how to apply a variety of answering techniques to tackle questions effectively.
- Attention Control: Discover how to make your lessons come alive, such that we sustain the joy of their learning.. Dive deep into delivery technicals such as coherence, clarity, tempo, gestures, expressions and humour.
- Class Control: Pick up effective classroom management strategies, so that you're able to maintain a fun, yet disciplined teaching approach with your students.
- Performance Management: Learn how to use cues effectively to instill a stronger sense of confidence in your students & help them develop a stronger passion for Science.
- Communicating With Parents: Understand how to communicate with parents, such that they are supportive and appreciative of your work.
After you've achieved mastery in your fundamentals, you can look forward to exploring various career pathways (Specialist Track & Management Track) where we'll work closely with you to spearhead projects or manage teams.
[You, Our Ideal Management Associate]
We’d love to have a chat with you if you meet the following criteria:
- Strong Background in Science: You should have a strong understanding in the subject matter - demonstrated at the primary/secondary level and is able to simplify complex Science concepts. Added bonus if you study Science at the university level.
- Prior Teaching Experiences: You should have some experiences in teaching, not strictly limited to Science - be it commercial experience (e.g. teaching in MOE schools, learning centres or private tuition) OR volunteering experience (e.g. coaching kids in after-school care centres).
Good to have:
- A Positive, Confident & Engaging Personality: You need to be comfortable engaging students at a group level & infuse joy and laughter in your lessons.
- Grit and Drive to Succeed: You must be committed to mastery and be willing to put in the hard work. You should have a clear idea on what you intend to pursue in your career, at least for the next 3 to 5 years.
- Ability to Learn Fast and Think on your Feet: You will be expected to pick up and apply strategies and techniques taught to you quickly, especially during the training period.
- [Biggest Takeaway] Mentorship, Training & Regular Feedback
- Abundant Career Progression Opportunities in various tracks: Specialist track and Management track (more in the pipeline…)
- Competitive Remuneration, including a base salary (starting from $4,000/ month) plus a variable pay (which scales based on your contributions)
- Annual Performance Bonus (up to 4 months for TOP performers!)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Technology Benefits
- Up to 16 Days of Paid Vacation Leaves
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Paid Marriage Leaves
- Paid Compassionate Leaves
- Time-Off From Work For Errands
- Wellness Breaks
- Fully-Stocked Pantry
- Free Meals on selected school holidays & weekends
- Company Socials (On top of team socials!)
- Fruity Fridays Care Packages
- We respect your time commitment with us. As such, you'll be paid full salary, even during your training period. :)
- There are no part-time teaching positions due to the amount of resources required to groom teachers to excellence.
- We specialise in Science & Math and will continue to deepen our expertise in these areas within the next 3 to 5 years. If teaching Science and/or Math is your vocation, or you’re keen to catapult your teaching career with specialisations in these subjects, we would love to have you.