Are you jaded by the incessant amount of administrative tasks you need to handle as a teacher? Do you feel held back in your career as you're unable to grow in the direction you aspire?
Are you ready to refresh and relaunch the next phase of your career trajectory with stability in pay and still work with CHILDREN?
If your answer is a resounding YES, The Pique Lab WANTS you!
[About Our Team]
At The Pique Lab, we’re on a mission to create the best Science learning experience for students aged 9 to 16 in Singapore. Our lessons are meticulously crafted based on pedagogical research, data-driven methodologies and have one overarching goal: to make learning fun, shorten learning curves and help students develop a genuine appreciation for Science.
Over the past decade, we've grown from a pair of co-founders to a diverse team of over 80 team members across 10 departments. Our proprietary learning methodology and examination-centric materials have helped more than 20,000 students ace their Science examinations.
Our headquarters is in Singapore, with additional offices in China, Philippines and Malaysia. We take pride in our open, fast-paced and flat organisational structure where every team member is valued for their skills and competencies, not just their job titles.
We are looking for experienced teaching professionals and passionate Science lovers to join us to bring joy of learning to more children. Who knows? You might be nurturing the next Albert Einstein or Marie Curie!
If you like the prospects of working in a close-knit team, leveraging tech to work hyper-efficiently while tackling challenges head-on, we’d love to talk to you about joining the team!
As a Specialist Teaching Associate, you will be involved in:
- Honing Your Craft - Regardless of where you start from, we are here to help you succeed as we continue to exchange pedagogical ideas to enhance our lessons for our children. Notably, no more administrative duties to cloud your passion for teaching!
- Sharing Prior Industry Experiences – Our children are always curious about what they see around them. In your classes (online & onsite), you could share your prior industry experiences seamlessly as we continue to develop a holistic development of our students’ learning needs and motivations.
- New Opportunities for GROWTH – Instead of meeting meaningless deadlines, we also offer you the opportunity to share your knowledge by writing articles and producing videos. Abundant opportunities exist and we are open to working with you to grow TOGETHER!
Your success as a Specialist Teaching Associate means a lot to us.
Understanding and realising your career aspirations would be paramount during your first few months at The Pique Lab! Tapping on your existing work experiences, we hope to work with you to develop YOU and our curriculum robustly in the initial phase.
Whenever we are ready for the next stage, you can look forward to exploring various self-initiated projects (not limited to curriculum) where we'll work closely with you.
[You, Our Ideal Teaching Specialist]
We’d love to have a chat with you if you meet the following criteria:
- Strong Background in Science: You should have a strong understanding in the subject matter - demonstrated at the primary/secondary level and is able to simplify complex Science concepts. Added bonus if you do study Science at the university level.
- Prior Teaching Experience: You should have some experience in teaching, not strictly limited to Science - be it commercial experience (e.g. teaching in MOE schools, learning centres or private tuition) OR volunteering experience (e.g. coaching kids in after-school care centres).
- Prior Working Experience: You should have less than 7 years of working experience, not limited to sectors requiring the use of Science knowledge.
- [Biggest Takeaway] Your Way of Career Progression
- Competitive Remuneration, including a base salary (a projection based on your last drawn salary) plus a variable pay (which scales based on your contributions)
- Annual Performance Bonus (up to 4 months for TOP performers!)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Technology Benefits
- Up to 16 Days of Paid Vacation Leaves
- Paid Birthday Leave
- Paid Marriage Leaves
- Paid Compassionate Leaves
- Time-Off From Work For Errands
- Wellness Breaks
- Fully-Stocked Pantry
- Free Meals on selected school holidays & weekends
- Company Socials (On top of team socials!)
- Fruity Fridays Care Packages
- We respect your time commitment with us. As such, you'll be paid full salary, even during your training period. :)
- There're no part-time teaching positions due to the amount of resources required to groom teachers to excellence.
- We specialise in Science & Math and will continue to deepen our expertise in these areas within the next 3 to 5 years. If teaching Science and/or Math is your vocation, or you’re keen to catapult your teaching career with specialisations in these subjects, we would love to have you.