Here’s what your dream career looks like: You’re a Science Wizard who weaves magic into learning, and you find joy in imparting Science matters (and literally, about matter) to young learners.
If reading this gets the blood running in your veins, you’ll fit right into our team!
[About Our Team]
At The Pique Lab, we’re on a mission to create the best Math & Science learning experience for students aged 9 to 16 in Singapore. Our lessons are meticulously crafted based on pedagogical research, data-driven methodologies and have one overarching goal: to make learning fun, shorten learning curves and help students develop a genuine appreciation for Math & Science.
Over the past decade, we've grown from a pair of co-founders to a diverse team of over 100 team members across 10 departments. Our proprietary learning methodology and examination-centric materials have helped more than 20,000 students ace their examinations.
Our headquarters is in Singapore, with remote teams in China, India, Malaysia and Philippines. We take pride in our open, fast-paced and flat organisational structure where every team member is valued for their skills and competencies, not just their job titles.
If you’re a Science Whizz with a passion for teaching, join us in shaping our comprehensive education ecosystem! Who knows? You might be nurturing the next Albert Einstein or Marie Curie!
If you like the prospects of working in a close-knit team, leveraging tech to work hyper-efficiently while tackling challenges head-on, we’d love to talk to you about joining the team!
As a Teaching Apprentice Intern, you have the opportunity to:
- Join a vibrant and dynamic teaching team that’s the heart of The Pique Lab - our teachers are always pumped to inspire and nurture the love of Science in young learners.
- Deep dive into proprietary TPL pedagogies that have helped over 16,938 students to date.
- Receive structured mentorship to become a charismatic educator and speaker.
If you’re not one to get a short circuit from challenges, and you wish to fast-track your career in teaching, you’re in the right hands with The Pique Lab family.
All Teaching Apprentice Interns will receive first-hand experience in classroom teaching, via structured mentorship and curriculum-centric learning. If you enjoy being creative, you will also get to delve into content creation and storyboard for The Pique Lab’s teaching materials.
- Content Mastery: Proclaim mastery over key Science concepts and curriculum. You will gain a firm understanding of how to tackle examination question types, and apply a variety of answering techniques effectively.
- Attention Control: Discover how to make your lessons come alive. You will get to develop skills in content delivery and engagement, by looking at coherence and cohesion, clarity, pace, expressions, and humour.
- Class Control: Pick up effective classroom management strategies to effectively conduct classes, online & onsite. As a Teaching Apprentice Intern, you will get to observe and develop a holistic understanding of your students’ learning needs and motivations, so as to foster a fun, yet disciplined learning environment.
- Performance Management: Learn strategies that can empower students to think analytically, and instil a stronger sense of confidence and ownership over their learning journey.
- Experiment Creation & Publishing - At The Pique Lab, we want to give you the stage to work your magic. By the end of your internship, you’ll get to:
- Design and create experiments in accordance with the Science curriculum. What we look out for is how you can digest difficult concepts and infuse fun through experiments to motivate students to learn.
- Write and publish educational articles across our digital learning platforms, with the guided mentorship of our academic/curriculum team.
Outstanding interns who have gone through The Pique Lab’s Teaching Apprenticeship programme can look forward to a potential full-time career with us. We actively work with our full-time teaching associates to chart their career progression trajectory, where they can explore managerial roles and/or curriculum design, aside from teaching.
[You, Our Ideal Teaching Apprentice]
We’re looking for candidates with the following qualities:
- Strong Background in Science: You should have a strong understanding in the subject matter - demonstrated at the primary/secondary level, and you’re able to make complex Science concepts digestible for students. Added bonus if you are studying Science at the university level.
- Prior Teaching Experiences: You should have some experiences in teaching, not strictly limited to Science - be it professional experience (e.g. teaching in MOE schools, learning centres or private tuition) OR volunteering (e.g. coaching kids in after-school care centres).
Good to have:
- A Positive, Confident & Engaging Personality: You need to be comfortable engaging students within a group setting, and be able to infuse joy and fun in your lessons.
- A Clear Resolve for Success: You’re committed to mastering content taught to you, and you constantly strive to develop your arsenal of skills to help students. Teaching Apprentices should have a clear objective of what they wish to gain from this internship, and apply it to their goals and/or career.
- Ability to Learn Fast and Think on your Feet: You will be expected to pick up and apply strategies and techniques taught to you quickly, especially during the training period.
- [Biggest Takeaway] Mentorship, Training & Regular Feedback
- Abundant Career Advancement Opportunities
- Competitive Remuneration, including a base salary (up to $1,500/ month)
- Productivity & Tech Benefits (27" Dell Monitor for your WFH set-up, Apple Equipment & Peripherals)
- Time-off From Work For Errands
- Fully-stocked Pantry
- Free Meals on selected school holidays and weekends
- Company Socials
- Work From Home Care Packages
- There are two possible internship arrangements for this role: Part-Time (3 Weekdays) or Full Time (5 Weekdays).
- We specialise in Science & Math and will continue to deepen our expertise in these areas within the next 3 to 5 years. If teaching Science and/or Math is your vocation, or you’re keen to catapult your teaching career with specialisations in these subjects, we would love to have you.