[About Our Company]
Over the past 8 years, we've been breaking the mould of traditional teaching practices that no longer work as well in this day and age.
At The Pique Lab, we’re on a mission to create the best learning experience in Singapore when it comes to Science tuition.
Lessons at The Pique Lab are designed based on pedagogical research, data-driven methodologies and have a purpose: they infuse plenty of joy in learning, shorten learning curves and help students develop a genuine appreciation for Science.
Since 2013, we've grown from a pair of co-founders to a diverse team of over 60+ team members across 10 departments and have helped over 10,000 students ace their Science examinations using our proprietary learning methodology and examination-centric materials.
In order to continue making a difference in the education space, we need the best people to live up to our mission.
We're looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead and manage our team of 8 full-time software engineers to design, develop, test and ship software.
Help us drive our digitalisation journey to be the most progressive education company in the world!
- Lead and manage a team of software engineers to deliver specific tasks based on the development roadmap & help them grow professionally.
- Plan and oversee the organisation's software architecture and ensure it is easy-to-maintain, flexible, scalable and comply with security and privacy regulations.
- Participate in hands-on software development, including design reviews, code reviews and application debugging.
- Manage product development in a fast-paced, agile development environment and collaborate effectively with different stakeholders.
We work with a lot of exciting technology:
- React, Typescript, SASS, Redux for frontend work.
- Node.js, GraphQL for our service code.
- MongoDB, ElasticSearch for storage and indexing.
- Kubernetes, Docker and Github Actions for continuous integration and delivery.
- Google Cloud for underlying infrastructure.
[Who Is Our Ideal Candidate?]
Academic Background & Professional Experience
- Minimum 5 years of software engineering experience (proficient in both front-end and back-end technologies), preferably in scalable services in a cloud environment.
- Minimum 2 years of software team management experience with multiple release cycles.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar discipline from a top university
Attitude & Work Ethics
- Possesses strong independent problem-solving and learning skills.
- Believes in good programming habits & pursue writing elegant code (... you should also be familiar with common design patterns and agile development processes)
- Highly adaptable in a fast-changing tech start-up environment and able to think fast on your feet
- Proficient in using React Family Bucket or equivalent related technologies
- Proficient in Node.js, GraphQL server development
- Proficient in MongoDB, ElasticSearch and other databases
- Experienced in deploying and maintaining CI/CD solutions (such as Kubernetes, Jenkins, Github Actions, Now, Serverless)
- Willing to use Git for code collaborative management
[Here’re Other Perks That You Can Look Forward To]
- Flexible Location (we want you to put out your best work & you’re trusted to be responsible.)
- Market Competitive Remuneration
- Performance Bonus
- Career Progression Opportunities (… talk to us about your professional goals & we'll work together with you to realise them together!)
- Mentorship & Regular Feedback (our CTO is a ex-senior software engineer from Rakuten)
- Productivity & Tech Benefits (27” Dell Type-C Monitor, Apple Equipment & Peripherals)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Paid Leaves (including Compassionate Leave)
- Time-off From Work For Errands
- Fully-stocked Pantry
- Free Meals on selected school holidays and weekends
- Company Socials
- Work From Home Care Packages
[Here's How The Hiring Process Looks Like]
The recruitment process will involve:
- A simple profile match by our team where we will assess your application against the role.
- A pair programming technical examination (1 hour) where you can demonstrate your coding prowess and we can understand your thought process.
Everything will be conducted online and you'll know the outcome within a week.
Thank you & we’ll see you on the inside!