[About Our Company]
Over the past 8 years, we've been breaking the mould of traditional teaching practices that no longer work as well in this day and age.
At The Pique Lab, we’re on a mission to create the best learning experience in Singapore when it comes to Science tuition.
Lessons at The Pique Lab are designed based on pedagogical research, data-driven methodologies and have a purpose: they infuse plenty of joy in learning, shorten learning curves and help students develop a genuine appreciation for Science.
Since 2013, we've grown from a pair of co-founders to a diverse team of over 60+ team members across 10 departments and have helped over 10,000 students ace their Science examinations using our proprietary learning methodology and examination-centric materials.
In order to do continue making a difference in the education space, we need the best people to live up to our mission.
📌 Note: This position is strictly open only to Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs) due to hiring quotas imposed by the government. Any applicant holding a different citizenship will be automatically disqualified.
Human Capital is the greatest asset in our organisation.
Reporting directly to the CEO, you will support the rapid growth of our organisation by building strong talent pipelines and retaining great team members. You’ll need to keep a close pulse on market trends, engage top talents for opportunities, assessing & evaluating their fit and subsequently managing offer negotiations.
As the Talent Acquisition Manager, you are the mouthpiece of our employer brand. You should be highly adept at using social media networks (especially LinkedIn Recruiter), job boards and employee referrals to meet the organisation’s growth targets.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be highly personable and versatile in tackling challenges. As a stretch goal, you’ll also get the opportunity to groom and lead a Talent Acquisition Team under you within 6 to 12 months, once we unlock certain growth targets together.
- Formulate & implement a holistic talent acquisition strategy to meet the organisation’s short-term and long-term needs (… currently, we’re managing 4 open positions monthly in a mix of non-tech (academic & customer care) and tech (software engineering) roles.)
- Manage the full-cycle recruiting experience, including sourcing & proactively engaging candidates, screening, interviewing, arranging interviews & negotiating offers.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to improve employer branding & talent acquisition (department managers for requirements & creatives for visually appealing graphics)
- Develop a series of procedures to screen candidates effectively – including screening calls, automated video interviews and assessments.
- Engage in passive & active talent search & build strong relationships with prospective talents (… you should be open to trying various (legal) online & offline methods to achieve our talent acquisition goals.)
- Ideate and support employer branding initiatives that help to build affinity with prospective talents
- Track & report all talent acquisition metrics on a weekly basis
- Assist in onboarding and off-boarding duties, while ensuring a pleasant experience
- Monitor & apply best HR recruiting practices (... you should be passionate about becoming better at what you do!)
[The Type Of Person We're Looking For]
We’d love to have a chat with you if you meet the following criteria:
- Proactive, Analytical & Organised: You should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and analyse deeply and make sound recommendations. Besides, you need to be one who cares about systemising work processes effectively with well-written documentation.
- Strong Communication & Interpersonal Skills: You should be able to communicate effectively with our prospective candidates.
- Prior Talent Acquisition Experience: At least 5 years of experience in various HR functions, with a minimum of 3 years in talent acquisition. If you’ve a proven track record of successful placements in academic and/or tech roles, that’s a huge plus!
- Proficient In Singapore’s Labour Law
Good To Have:
- Background in Copywriting: You should ideally have a knack at writing witty job descriptions and making recruitment messages sound exciting (… including knowing how to appeal to candidates emotionally)
- Leadership Experience: We’re expecting our People (HR) Team to expand within the next 6 to 12 months. If you’ve prior experience grooming new team members, that’s a huge plus!
[How We Take Care Of You]
- Flexible Working Hours & Location (we want you to put out your best work & you’re trusted to be responsible.)
- Market Competitive Remuneration
- Annual Performance Bonus (... up to 4 months for outstanding performers!)
- Career Progression Opportunities (… if you’re open building a People team within this next 12 months, this is it!)
- Productivity & Tech Benefits (27” Dell Type-C Monitor, Apple Equipment & Peripherals)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- Paid Leaves (including Compassionate Leave)
- Time-off From Work For Errands
- Fully-stocked Pantry
- Free Meals on selected school holidays and weekends
- Company Socials
- Work From Home Care Packages